Work Safely at Heights – RIIWHS204D
About this course
This course assists participant’s in the skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights.
It appropriate for those working in operational roles that are required to perform work at heights.
This accredited course is designed for individuals in operational roles required to undertake safe work practices when working at heights or depths within the following industries:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extraction industries
- Metalliferous mining
Delivery Method and Learning Outcomes
At NCA Training we ONLY offer face to face training to ensure all our participants are competently trained and assessed in the following areas:
- Hazards and regulations associated with working at heights
- Risk assessments, Job Hazard Analyses (JHA’s)
- Permits for Safe Working at Heights
- Fall restraint and arrest systems
- Safe use, inspection and installation of specialised equipment, including:
- Harnesses and Connectors
- Static Life Rescue Lines
- Fall arrest devices
- Ropes and Slings
- Anchor points and anchors
- Inertia reels
- Working at heights, including working on EWP’s, scaffolding and drop zones
NCA Training offer a 1 day nationally accredited course covers how to safely and effectively work at heights.
To enrol in this course you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to apply for a Unique Student Identifier. Visit www.usi.gov.au for more information on Unique Student Identifiers.
There is no prerequisite required to attend this course however, participants will require sufficient LL&N (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills to read and comprehend.
Participants will be Assessed in two (2) parts:
- Knowledge Assessment
- Performance Assessment rescue and basic first aid
Students competently completing the course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights.
NCA Training can conduct training courses at your facility under the following requirements:
- Minimum 6 participants
- Maximum 20 participants (conditions apply)
- Suitable room for theory component
- Suitable area for practical component (risk assessment and site inspection conducted)
** Additional charges may occur for travel outside of Northern Rivers area