About this Handbook
Copyright © 2017 NCA Training
All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher.
NCA Training’s Student Handbook V3 0 2017-2018
We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information within this book was correct at time of publication. The author does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from accident, negligence, or any other cause. NCA does not assume any legal liability, whether direct or indirect for the accuracy, comprehensiveness or usefulness of any information, or the reliance on this information.
NB: NCA wishes to make it very clear that enrolling in a course of study with us does not, in any way, guarantee successful completion of that course, nor can we guarantee the issue of any occupational licensing linked with the attainment of a qualification.
Updates and Continuous Improvement
NCA reserves the right to modify, revise or supplement anything in this handbook at its sole discretion at any time.
Scope of Qualifications
NCA is a Registered Training Organisation (ID 41110) approved by The Australian skills Quality Authority to provide training delivery and assessment services for a range of nationally accredited courses. The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) promotes quality training so that students, employers, and industry have confidence in Australia’s training sector.
NCA’s full scope of registration
We also offer a range of non-accredited training including but not limited to
- 4×4 Driving skills
- Drugs in the workplace
- Armed Robbery Awareness
- Verification of competency
- Mindful Communication
- Accident and Incident Reporting
- Accident and incident investigation
- Hazardous Substance Awareness
- Prevention and Management of Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- WHS Obligations and Responsibilities for Senior Staff and Front Line Managers
- Confined Space Management Planning (pre-requisite for Enter and Work in Confined Spaces and Working Safely at Heights)
- Understanding the Independent Contractors requirements
GENERAL INFORMATION (OR “WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A COURSE”) Information provided by Fair Trading NSW
Training may cost tens of thousands of dollars with no refund available if you make a bad choice or change your mind during the course. Every year, Fair Trading NSW receives complaints from students about fees, refunds, misleading information and course quality for training and education. Don’t sign up for a training course until you research the qualifications, providers, costs and payment options that best suit you and your career plans. Australia has a national system of accrediting vocational education and training (VET) qualifications and courses. Only registered training organisations can deliver nationally recognised qualifications and accredited courses.
reference: NSW Department of Fair Trading
Before committing to qualifications or courses, do these essential checks:
- check the training provider is registered
- check that the training provider is allowed to offer the course in NSW
- Make sure the training provider is a registered training organisation (RTO) and
- that the course you want to do is listed under the scope of training they are authorised to provide, visit Search Organisation or
- specifically for NCA RTO 4110
- to support your training, check that the training provider is approved to offer funded training.
Please note that NCA does not subscribe to government funding programs, however we can refer you to RTO’s who do.