HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
About this Course
This course assists participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
The course applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
This accredited course is designed for individuals in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings, such as:
- Pastoral / Agriculture
- Civil construction
- Mining, Oil and Gas
- Logistics / Warehousing
- General business
- Registered clubs
- Sporting groups
Delivery Method and Learning Outcomes
At NCA Training we ONLY offer face to face training to ensure all participants are completely trained and assessed in the following areas.
- Identify and manage hazards and risks surrounding the emergency situation
- Assess the casualty and identify injuries / illness
- Apply first aid for a range of conditions, including: abdominal injuries, allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, bleeding, burns, cardiac arrest, choking, drowning, snake/spider bite, stings, hypothermia, heat stroke, injuries, medical conditions, such as epilepsy, diabetes and asthma, poisoning, seizures, shock, stroke, substance misuse, unconsciousness
- Correctly operate first aid equipment, including:
- Defibrillator (AED)
- Anapens and Epipens
- Bandages: roller and triangular
- Bronchodilators and spacer devices
- Perform CPR using a manikin
- Request medical support and report the incident
- Duty of care
To enrol in this course you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to apply for a Unique Student Identifier. Visit www.usi.gov.au for more information on Unique Student Identifiers.
There is no prerequisite required to attend this course however, participants will require sufficient LL&N (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills to read and comprehend.
Assessment is in two (2) parts:
- Knowledge Assessment
- Performance Assessment
Students competently completing the course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in HLTAID003 Provide first aid incorporating HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support and HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
NCA Training offer a 1 day nationally accredited First Aid course that covers the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, CPR, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
NCA Training can conduct training courses at our’s or your facility under the following requirements:
- Minimum 6 participants
- Maximum 20 participants (conditions apply)
- Suitable room for theory component
- Suitable area for practical component (risk assessment and site inspection conducted)
** Additional charges may occur for travel outside of Northern Rivers area