Under the WHS Act, 2010, a person in charge of a business undertaking (PCBU) is required to develop, implement a Drugs and Alcohol program.
Alcohol and Drug Foundation, Alcohol and other drugs in the workplace (2017) adf.org.au
- Alcohol and drugs cost Australian workplaces an estimated $6 billion per year in lost productivity.
- Recent research has estimated that 2.5 million days are lost annually due to alcohol and drug use, at a cost of more than $680 million.
- 1 in 10 workers say they have been affected by a co-worker’s misuse of alcohol. For example, a reduced ability to do their own job, involvement in an accident or close-call, and having to work extra hours to cover for a co-worker.
NCA Consulting Pty Ltd, can provide confidential Drug and Alcohol Testing in your facility, if required.
We can create and implement a Drug and Alcohol Policy, that is compliant with the legislation.
The use of Drugs and Alcohol can impact on your work:
- Injury to your employee
- Injury to others
- Damage to company property or third party
- Workers’ compensation obligations
NCA Consulting can conduct Drug and Alcohol Testing at your facility under the following requirements:
- Minimum 6 participants (conditions Apply)
- Maximum 20 participants (conditions apply)
- Suitable room for testing
** Additional charges may occur for travel outside of Northern Rivers area