FWPCOT2237 Maintain chainsaws
FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut felled trees
About this course
This course assists participant’s with the skills and knowledge required to work safely with chainsaws.
This course is designed for individuals working in a range of outdoor roles, typically within the following industries:
- Local government
- Mining, oil and gas industry sectors
Deliver Method and Learning Outcomes
At NCA Training we ONLY offer face to face training to ensure all our participants are competently trained and assessed in the following areas:
- Understand WHS requirements, relevant laws, industry codes and site requirements
- Identify operational hazards and control measures
- Chainsaw design, components, servicing and chain sharpening
- Field exercises, eg. Perform maintenance on saws
- Start up and shut down procedures
- Controlling kickback
- Cross cutting requirements
- Cross cutting techniques – basic and advanced
- Assess tree and plan cutting
- Field exercises, eg. Boring, ripping, trimming and limbing
NCA Training offer a two (2) day Nationally Accredited Chainsaw package, which covers how to Safely operate and maintain a chainsaw for removing a fallen tree using a range of cutting techniques.
To enrol in this course you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to apply for a Unique Student Identifier. Visit www.usi.gov.au for more information on Unique Student Identifiers.
There is no prerequisite required to attend this course however, participants will require sufficient LL&N (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) skills to read and comprehend diagrams and estimate dimensions of trees.
Participants will be assessed in two (2) parts:
- Knowledge Assessment
- Performance Assessment
Participants competently completing this this course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in:
FWPCOT2237 – Maintain chainsaws and
FWPCOT2239 – Trim and cut felled trees
These competencies form part of the FWP20111 Certificate III in Forest Growing and Management.
NCA Training can conduct training courses at our’s or your facility under the following requirements:
- Minimum 6 participants
- Maximum 20 participants (conditions apply)
- Suitable room for theory component
- Suitable area for practical component (risk assessment and site inspection conducted)
** Additional charges may occur for travel outside of Northern Rivers area